|Yeah, It doesn't look like this...|
- Sweatpants. Messy Hair. No Make up. It's wonderful.
- I'm never late. Ever. I also don't have to put gas in my car nearly as much as I used to!
- The dogs get taken out regularly. No getting locked up in a cage from 9 to 5, which they are very happy about!
- My schedule is flexible. I take lunch whenever I want, have doctor's appointments whenever, and take plenty of breaks to stretch out or get fresh air.
- There is always fresh coffee and it can be whatever flavor I choose! And I don't have to share my flavored creamers with anyone!
- Personal phone calls are no problem. I could take them all day if I wanted, although I wouldn't get much done.
- Zero office drama.
- My work is always there. If I have to work late, it's no big deal, because I'm already home!
Now, for the Cons:
- There's not a whole lot of human interaction. E-mails don't count. The T.V. in the background doesn't count. I usually take my lunch breaks alone, although sometimes I'll meet up with someone.
- The huge misconception that I have all of the free time in the world. Just because I can be more flexible doesn't mean I don't work. Working and life's other responsibilities are quite the balancing act, regardless of whether you commute or not!
- Procrastination-When no one is watching me work, I tend to put things off until the last minute. I've improved a lot over the last year, but I still find myself letting things pile up a bit before I tackle them all at once!
- When you're in you house a lot, it tends to get a little more "lived in" and sometimes messier! My office area is pretty much a war zone right now! Not to mention, my work seems to spread itself out into other rooms. I try to take a few minutes before bed every night to tidy things up and clean mostly on the weekends.
- Everyone's heard the advice about leaving work at work and how you shouldn't take your job home with you. I find it hard sometimes to stop working, especially when I've been really busy. Even though I can take plenty of breaks, usually I don't.
Overall, I'm happy with my little set up! It's not perfect, but it works for me! I wouldn't mind being in an office eventually, but for now I'll stick to my humble abode.